Ice Cream Stabilizer-Emulsifier
Bulk Ice Cream Stabilizer-Emulsifier
Usage level 0.5-0.9 %
C-TECH IC-02 is a blend of carrageenan, emulsifier, and other hydrocolloid gum used as an important ingredient in the manufacture of bulk ice cream. It helps in providing creaminess, melting resistance,and smoothness to the finished product.
|Appearance||Light tan, free flowing powder|
|Moisture content||12% maximum|
|Viscosity ( 1.5% solution at 75 °C)||20 – 500 cps|
|Total Plate Count||maximum of 10,000 cfu/g|
|Yeast and Molds||maximum of 500 cfu/g|
|Salmonella||negative in 1.0 gram|
|E. coli||negative in 1.0 gram|
SUGGESTED FORMULATION FOR BULK ICE CREAM
|Skimmed Milk||16.00 %|
|Water To make||100%|
- Premix all powder ingredients including C-TECH IC-02.
- Disperse in water with good agitation .
- Add the melted fat.
- Sterilize the mixture by heating to a temperature of 68-70°C for 30 minutes.
- Then homogenize the mixture.
- Cool the mixture immediately and age at 15.5°C for 4 hours to allow maximum hydration of components.
- Process in ice cream maker until homogenous and the desired overrun is achieved.
- Place in a suitable container and store in a freezer.
Technical data are supplied for guidance only and may be different from customer’s results due to differences in testing methods and instruments.