Usage level : 0.7 – 1.0 %
C-TECH DG-207 is a refined carrageenan, compounded to serve as a gelling agent for dessert jelly. It gives a transparent finished product that is elastic and with little syneresis.
|Appearance||Light tan, free flowing powder|
|Moisture content||12% maximum|
|pH||6 – 10|
|Viscosity ( 1.5% solution at 75 °C)||50 – 300 cps|
|Water Gel Strength (1.5% solution at 20°C)||200 – 500 g/cm²|
|Total Plate Count||maximum of 10,000 cfu/g|
|Yeast and Molds||maximum of 500 cfu/g|
|Salmonella||negative in 1.0 gram|
|E. coli||negative in 1.0 gram|
SUGGESTED RECIPE FOR DESSERT GEL
|C-TECH DG-207||0.7 – 1.0 %|
|Citric Acid||0.15 %|
|Sodium Citrate||0.12 %|
|Sodium Benzoate||0.08 %|
|Water||To make 100%|
- Pre-mix C-TECH DG-207 with sugar.
- Pour the dry blended powder into the water with continuous agitation.
- Heat the mixture to boiling temperature and hold for 5 minutes.
- Cool to 70°C and add sodium citrate.
- Add citric acid ,color and flavor.
- Pour into molds and allow to set.
- Pack in a sterile container.
Technical data are supplied for guidance only and may be different from customer’s results due to differences in testing methods and instruments.